Procurement-Category Manager- Contracts Knowledge- Reading- FTSE 100 Global Firm- Up to 55k + Package
A leading global blue chip organisation has an urgent need for a Procurement Category Manager to join and help lead and develop their successful buying team. The successful candidate will strategically procure into a wide variety of services supporting the LNG business, construction and other major projects. Category specific knowledge is not crucial, but a background in category management within Direct or Indirect Procurement, as well as an understanding of category management as a discipline will be essential.
Procurement Job Responsibilities:
* Leading a dedicated team focussed on delivering a portfolio of goods, services and works within the Gas section of the Business
* Working closely with the stakeholders of key categories to develop and implement new procurement strategies which deliver security and minimise risk across the supply chain and add value to the business
* Providing a source of expertise over a range of spend categories, establishing robust contractual agreements for complex projects and managing all aspects of the tender process, whilst adhering to EC procurement legislation
Procurement Job Requirements:
* Client engagement with a strong ability to influence and negotiate
* Strong understanding of contracts, with end to end experience and legal comprehension to minimise risk
* Degree (or equivalent) qualified
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading Energy organisation at a senior level in a challenging role with the opportunity to develop a team and bring a strong strategic approach to the department. This role very much offers the successful candidate the path to a Head of Procurement type role.
For more information email email@example.com
To keep up to date with all the latest procurement jobs, follow our twitter feed at http://www.twitter.com/BramwithProcure
Keywords: Direct, Indirect, Procurement Manager, London, Raw Materials, Engineering, Manufacturing, Gas, CIPS