My client is a leading provider of consulting and research services to the global commodity markets. They have a fantastic reputation globally and are looking to further expand their London office over the next 12 months. Their clients consist of Oil companies, Utilities, trading houses and investment banks and they are now looking for a sales & account manager to focus on new business development alongside retaining and growing existing relationships with small E&P and upstream-focussed companies in the UK and across NW Europe. Although clients and prospects will be primarily E&P focused, it is expected that the candidate will show a strong understanding of my clients overall energy offerings and will make sales across these segments according to the needs of the prospect/client.
* Maximise sales and profitability of energy offerings by successfully managing allocated client portfolio and proactively identifying viable prospects in region in a targeted and analytical manner.
* In conjunction with the wider European Sales team, develop, co-ordinate and implement an actionable sales strategy
* Convert prospects into clients by understanding the needs of the prospects and by successfully articulating how the companies Research and Consulting services can meet these needs
* Take ownership of the Client Engagement Model and ensure that the client interactions are coordinated across Sales and Marketing, Client Services, Training, Research and Consultancy
* Ensure preparation and delivery of legally-compliant and accurate subscription agreements
* Renew existing services with each client in a timely manner and ensuring adherence to our internal legal process
Knowledge and Experience
The applicant will require a university degree and a number of years of experience in a related client facing or sales role. Good knowledge of the NW Europe & UK upstream oil & gas industry (structure, sectors, and companies) would be an advantage but not a requirement, as well as proven client communication skills and sales experience. The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate tenacity, resilience and commercial acumen as well as excellent organisation, time management and communication skills. The candidate will have a proven ability to develop relationships and be comfortable with challenging, yet achievable, sales targets.
All applications are treated with the up most confidentiality. If you would like to find out more about this opportunity please send your CV to Jason Clarke email@example.com.